Results 1 to 2 of 2
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Portugal
      • Current Location:
      • Portugal

    • Join Date: Dec 2013
    • Posts: 35



    How can I call the material we'd use for a university course (e.g.: books, worksheets...)? "Supporting Material" or "Support Material"? Is there another possible expression?

    I've also seen the phrase "Study Aids"... Is it fine to use it in a school/college context?

    Thank you!

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 57,833

    Re: Support(ing)

    I'd call them course materials. I'd use supplementary/additional materials for things that are of interest but not specifically part of a course. Study aids for me are things like Sparks Notes, which are designed to help people study themselves. Others may use different terms.

Similar Threads

  1. Please Help me. I need some support
    By Uğur Keskin in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-Sep-2013, 08:09
  2. Can we put a V-ing after a V-ing such as in sentence below
    By trueheart_205 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-Jun-2012, 16:51
  3. support
    By shilan in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-Sep-2010, 06:27


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts