Sorry, but we do not help students with assignments. Your teacher wants see what you can do, not what we can do. And it would not be fair to your classmates.
Student or Learner
Could you please help me with this assigment?
Written Assignment, based on Victoria's Secret, Ch. 18
Directions: From the copy of the article below, note that
1. There are 9 dependent clauses or phrases numbered and bracketed.
2. Cut and paste these onto your response at the bottom of the next page.
3. Label each with the abbreviation of its structure.
(1) [this endangered forest is being ground up] Select an abbreviation and label it after the structure.
Use these abbreviations for the structures:
Making Victoria Blush
"Canada's boreal forest is the largest expanse of wild lands in North America, and it's being logged at an alarming rate. We found out
(1) [this endangered forest is being ground up] to make mail-order catalogs. Fifty-nine billion catalogs go out every year in the United States, and95 percent are immediately thrown away!
"One of the companies (2) [we were most concerned about] was Victoria's Secret (3) [because it sends out a million catalogs every single day], more than any other business we know of.
"So we set up a Web site, Victoria's Dirty Secret, and called for a day of action in front of its stores across the country. Instead of your typical protest rally, people were wearing lingerie and angel wings, but holding chainsaws.
"We ran a full-page ad in the New York Times with a woman dressed like a Victoria's Secret model with a chainsaw. The ad got a lot of attention and even a spot on the Today show.
(4) "[Since we've started,] Victoria's Secret has begun meeting with us on a regular basis. One day we're protesting out front, and the next we're in the boardrooms. With corporate campaigns, you can make really big changes very fast. Victoria's Secret took a step in the right direction and put its discount catalogs, 24 million a year, on post-consumer recycled paper. To us, that meant two things: The company is hearing our message, and
(5) [what we are asking it to do] is possible. We said, "It's great about the 24 million, but what about the rest?"
(6) [Being a well recognized catalog company,] Victoria's Secret is making the news even with this small step toward conservation.
(7) "[As we pressure Victoria's Secret,] other catalog companies are watching
(8) [what it does.] We want companies competing to be the greenest."
Ok, than how you can help me ? I can write to you answers and you here will tell me it that correct or nor? Or how that forum works?