Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
Sudan
To whom it may concern
UNOPS – SUDAN

Dear, selection committee.

I am applying for the technical adviser with UNOPS Sudan and My experience and skills match the requirements listed in your posting
You can view a detailed report of my work history and educational background in the attached C.V. but here is a brief description of what I have to offer your Organization. I have a bachelor degree in Engineering. I have Four years of experience working in this field.
I possess a strong desire to build a career within engineering and has a set of skills in : Conducting road and road drainage structures survey and familiar with design and construction, Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D and MS office suite.Solid background in GIS (Arc Hydro, Arc Map),Experienced in GPS surveying and data processing and Photogrammetry and Hydrographic surveying.
My experience includes coordinating with partners and administrators, maintaining regular contact with partners, prepare briefing materials in respect of, monitoring and evaluating projects, providing technical support and then making suggestions for ways to make improvements.
My personal skills include having excellent verbal and written skills combined with a friendly and outgoing personality with the ability to work as part of a team efficiently.
I have excellent verbal and written English skills along with analytical and organizational skills. I look forward to hearing from you
C.V. Attached as MS Word Document
Sincerely

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

Note that I have removed all the personal information from your letter for security reasons. I have also moved it to the Letter Writing section of the forum which is more appropriate.

So - do you have a question for us?

hago04

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
Sudan
thank you for your response
i really appreciate
what i need is (taking dictation,punctuation.. etc )

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello hago,
There is a difference between being confident and presenting your outstanding qualifications and being dismissive of other people applying to the job.

Your letter makes you seem boastful (despite your saying you don't mean to soudn that way) and arrogant. You have no idea who else has applied and what their qualifications are.

Do not use your cover letter to say why you are better than the others applying. Use your cover letter to say why your skils, experience and aptitude make you a great fit for solving their problems.

Try rewriting your letter talking about what you bring to the position, referring to experiences and accomplishments rather than a list of qualifications and skills.

hago04

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
Sudan
I've modified, but i think it's need more correction, so would you mind clarifying them

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear [I don't know how this works in your country. If you can find out the name of the hiring manager, that would be great. I have written "Dear Hiring Manager" which is weak, but better than "To Whom It May Concern. Whatever you do, don't put a comma after "Dear."]

I am applying for the position of Technical Adviser with UNOPS Sudan and believe my experience and skills are an excellent match the job as described in your posting.

In my four years of experience working in this field since obtaining my bachelor's degree in [what kind of engineering? mechanical? civil?] engineering, I have... [Here you describe a few of your accomplishments during your four years of work, especially as they match the job as described. That is, not "I can conduct surveys" but "I have conducted 24 road and road drainage surveys, often in mountainous terrain/urban environments and have identified options that saved..." I've made this part up - you must customize it to fit your real skills and experience] I monitor and evaluate projects, provide technical support and suggest improvements. Equally important to project success, I have learned the importance of strong stakeholder engagment, working well with partners and administrators and preparing communications to ensure they are well-informed of project progress.

I am very adept
in AutoCA and Civil 3D and have a solid background in GIS (Arc Hydro, Arc Map), as well as experienced in GPS and Hyrdographic surveying, data processing, and Photogrammetry, which combine to make me a versatile member of project teams.

My personal skills include excellent verbal and written skills, which, combined with a friendly and outgoing personality, make me a strong team member. I also have excellent verbal and written English skills. More details about my work and education are in the attached C.V.

I hope you agree that my background, eductation, skills, and aptitude are a great fit for this position, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely

RUN SPELL CHECK - I DON'T HAVE IT ON THIS COMPUTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.