Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Yourjones

    social women


    Is there a word to describe the type of women who are so social that they could always get benefits to themselves or any organisation they work for?

    Please do let me know if this question is not clear. Thanks a lot!

  2. Raymott's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 24,104

    Re: social women

    Such a woman could be called a socialite. Such people have connections to a lot of people with money and power, and like to organise charities, etc. Naturally, the 'always' in your sentence doesn't apply; if you change it to a more realistic 'usually', socialite is a good enough term. I guess men can be socialites too, but you generally don't hear of men being called this.

Similar Threads

  1. [General] social encounters
    By Ashiuhto in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-Apr-2013, 18:33
  2. [Vocabulary] social
    By Kotfor in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-Mar-2013, 03:25
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-Jul-2011, 11:39
  4. Social changes
    By motico in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-Apr-2011, 13:01
  5. social chemistry?
    By bosun in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Oct-2006, 17:04


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts