Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom

Information technology has revolutionized every aspect of our life and education is no exception. Use of computers is increasing day by day due to which traditional way of teaching are changing. The age old method of teaching in the classroom where a teacher is delivering lectures in front of students is questioned now a days. The use of technology helps the instructor to deliver his lectures while sitting in his or her home or even in a different country. Therefore the physical presence of teacher is debated and according to one view point there is no more need of a tutor in the classroom. I differ with this view point due to the following reasons.

Firstly, the face to face interaction is very important for better understanding of each other. The body language helps the tutor to understand the behavior of each and every student in the class, which may not be possible in the virtual environment. An instructor can influence the pupils more effectively when physically present in front of the class.

Secondly, attending the class on daily basis, meeting with teacher and fellow calls mates, helps in the personality grooming of the young learners. Interacting with each other helps in the learning not only in the syllabus but also in the social aspects of life.

Thirdly, a machine no matter how much sophisticated cannot replace the human intelligence of making real time decision in the live environment. No matter how advanced a computer software students will still need their coach to help them in different situation.

Hence, I conclude that technological advancement has brought all of us together, and distances no matter at all, technology has huge impact on almost every aspect of our life including education. But even in this environment teachers have very important role to play to guide the young one and this role cannot be eliminated or even diminished by computers.

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Band 6Competent userhas generally effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriacies and misunderstandings. Can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.

fniazi4u

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Band 6Competent userhas generally effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriacies and misunderstandings. Can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.

Thanks a lot.. It means I need to improve a lot, I am targeting band 8 in writing, so a lloooooooonggggggggggggg way to go..

thanks again.

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks a lot.. It means I need to improve a lot, I am targeting band 8 in writing, so a lloooooooonggggggggggggg way to go..

thanks again.

No problem, but please remember that this is my opinion. I don't work for IELTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.