Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hi ,
I want you to read my essay and make corrections , comments if necessary . I will be very grateful and will appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time and advices on what to correct. This is very important , in fact it is a personal statement which must be submitted to school , to cut it short I need this for school enrollment . English isn't my native language and I think something may not seem natural or whatever . I don't even live in an English speaking country .
It's only one page , unfortunately I couldn't upload the word document here , so I uploaded it on speedyshare .http://www.speedyshare.com/cCMxs/Essay.d...

This is what they ask :
Describe the world you come from – for example, your family, community or school – and tell us how your world has influenced your development into who you are.

Why you can succeed in life.
It is supposed to be 600 words .

Steve at Minerva

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Bulgaria
Hi, E-mail it to me and I'll try to help you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Steve, if you are referring to the Private Message facility, neither you or luka0309 are yet able to use it. A user has to make a minimum of ten posts on the forum before the PM facility is available. We don't allow posters to put their email addresses into posts (just in case you were planning to try to give luka your email address).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Luka, does everyone who is attempting to gain a place at the school have to submit a similar essay?

luka0309

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Yes , that's right . It is not supposed to be that eye catching .I just want to make sure that I don't have grammar mistakes and I want to know whether it answers what they ask.Thanks in advance.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is effectively a competition then. Do you think it's fair for you to get help from native speakers with your essay? I don't. You must write the best essay you can, on your own. The school needs to be able to judge how well YOU can write English, not how well we can.

We wish you good luck. Do please let us know how you get on.

I am now closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.