• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

verb tense

I tried to correct the mistakes about using correct verb tense. I gave my answer in the parenthesis but I am not sure. Can you please check it . Thanks in advance.

Storm clouds darkened the blue sky as I ride( ---? was riding or rode???) my bike home from the park. I had never seen clouds like that before and the wind will shake (__> shook or would shake???/) the trees violently. I couldn’'t seem to pedal fast enough. Up ahead I saw my house and breathe (___> breathed) a sigh of relief. As soon as I walked in the door, I knew something was up. My mother explains(__-> explained) that news reports will be saying( __> would say or would be saying???) that a big storm is coming.(--> was coming or would come???) Suddenly, I hear(___> heard) a loud pop! Then there was another pop! And another! I will race (__> would race or raced??)to look out the window and saw hail the size of golf balls falling all over my street. I am ( ___> was)so thankful I made it home before it will start(___> would start or started???) falling!
    Last edited by bosun; 22-Apr-2014 at 10:24.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: verb tense

Storm clouds darkened the blue sky as I rode my bike home from the park. I had never seen clouds like that before and the wind shook the trees violently. I couldn’'t seem to pedal fast enough. Up ahead I saw my house and breathed a sigh of relief. As soon as I walked in the door, I knew something was up. My mother explained that news reports were saying that a big storm was coming. Suddenly, I heard a loud pop! Then there was another pop! And another! I raced to look out the window and saw hail the size of golf balls falling all over my street. I was so thankful I made it home before it started falling!