• Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Oman

• Post Thanks / Like

Please can you guys check out my Toefl essay

Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice of family and friends. Other people believe that the best way of learning about life is through personal experience. Compare the advantages of these two different ways of learning about life. Which do you think is preferable? Use specific examples to support your preference.

Life nowadays depends on learning about it, to live a better life, and avoid mistakes that lead to make bad decisions. Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice of certain member of family and friends, while other believe that it is better to learn about it through personal experience. As for me I prefer to learn about it through my own experience, for many reasons. But in this essay I will cite only the main ones.

First of all, we don’t really know what life could hide from us, we cant know what can happen in the close future as well as the far one. Though, we should learn from life, and get an effective knowledge as soon as possible, to avoid some faults. And that’s why we should count on our own experience; what we ve been through these past years. Because there is some problems that we could face in life, and we should rather keep it for ourself. For instance, I remember my sister was in college, and she was so turbulent, she always got troubles. She was always with her boyfriend, that I didn’t really like. It was just a feeling. One day she got pregnant, now that is a serious problem. We live in a muslim country, it is not that easy that she come home like that and tell to everybody that I am pregnant. In fact, she didn’t tell nobody, she decided to handle it herself , after that she thought a lot, she remembered some of her past friends whom were on the same situation, and she decided to choose the same solution, which is getting married with her boyfriend. It was the only choice, though. She came home, and told my parents the news about her getting married, they were happy, without even knowing the truth behind this. However, after getting married, and giving birth to her child, she came to me, and told me all the story, I was surprised. She told me to always deal with life through my experience. Secondly, there is some kid of families that are always busy, because life nowadays is very expansive and depend on both parents to work. They can t really find a time to listen to their children.

On the other hand, listening to family and friends has its benefits too, as the saying goes ‘ If you want to know about life, ask someone who tasted it ’. Furthermore, it is better to count on some friends and family if something banal come up. Thus, I had an accident once, I was driving very fast, so I hit another car. I didn’t knew what to do. So I called my father on the first place, despite he punished after that, he really solved my problem, by using his experience, and he talked with the other women whose was in the car hit.

To sum up, there is two method to learn about life. On one hand, We can learn about it by what we have been through these past years, On the other hand, by asking some parents or friends advices. However, I think it is better to count on ourself in many cases.
    Last edited by Aminebck; 10-May-2014 at 14:04.