i need confirmatin

hi, I need to know if the work sheet is on the right track just if the first potion means usages and the second potion means gramatical and that the third potion is correct please just a little input .thank you so much.

1st potions is this called usages?

c) Present perfect
    1. When we talked about a finished action/states that happened at an indefinite time, refers to, general experience without specific details. EG
    A) I have been on a holiday.
    2. When we are thinking about a completed past action, carried out in an unfinished period at the time of speaking.
    B) This is the first time I have ever been in a hot air balloon!
    3. When we talk about something, which began in the past and is still true now, at the time of speaking. We dont know if its likely to continue or not.
    C) My mother has been a singer since 1995.
    is this called gramatical form?
    a) Present simple:
    Affirmative: Asia lies in the northern hemisphere.
    {Subject +base form +main verb}
    Negative: She did not lose her book yesterday.
    (Sub+ aux. verb+ main verb)
    Question: Do you like coffee?
    (Sub+ aux. verb+ main verb.)
    is this correct
    Task 5 Consider the following student errors. After each error, state:
    i) What the mistake is.
    ii) Why you think it has been made.
    iii) How you would go about correcting it.
    a) I am a secretary for five years.
    The mistake is, the person is likely to continue being a secretary but her sentence implies that she no longer is a secretary.
    The person is confused because the action started in the past and continues to date.
    The teacher should ask the student if she is still a secretary, if yes then by drawing a time line the teacher can clarify the difference between present simple and present continuous.
    Last edited by prayer; 07-Apr-2006 at 04:43. Reason: wrong spelling

Re: i heed confirmatin

Welcome, prayer.

Sorry. We do not do homework assignments. But If there's a particular area or question you have, please let us know. We'd be more than happy to guide you through.

All the best.

Re: i need confirmatin

Quote Originally Posted by prayer
    hi, I need to know if the work sheet is on the right track just if the first potion means usages and the second potion means gramatical and that the third potion is correct please just a little input .thank you so much.

c) Present perfect
    1. When we talked about a finished action/states that happened at an indefinite time, refers to, general experience without specific details. EG
    2. When we are thinking about a completed past action, carried out in an unfinished period at the time of speaking.
    3. When we talk about something, which began in the past and is still true now, at the time of speaking. We dont know if its likely to continue or not.
    a) Present simple:
    is this correct
    i) What the mistake is.
    The mistake is, the person is likely to continue being a secretary but her sentence implies that she no longer is a secretary.
    The person is confused because the action started in the past and continues to date.
    The teacher should ask the student if she is still a secretary, if yes then by drawing a time line the teacher can clarify the difference between present simple and present continuous.
    please reply me asap

Quote Originally Posted by prayer

c) Present perfect
    a) Present simple:
    is this correct
    i) What the mistake is.
    please reply me asap

Prayer, is there a particular question you'd like us to help you with? As already mentioned, we do not do homework assignments. Sorry.