I am writing to apply for the ĎContact Centre Agentí position advertised on your website.

I have previously worked in hospitality and this experience has given me the opportunity to improve my communication and rapport building skills. It has also given me practice with handling pressure from customers, and identifying their needs. These experiences have helped me during fast paced hours with effectively bringing inquiries to successful resolutions. I worked both as a kitchen hand and waiter, which aided me in learning how to work with a team of people from different cultures. I would like to apply these skills in the Origin role currently opening up.

I understand the job description involves being first contact of customers and I am confident to take upon all callers in a professional and warm manner. With my customer service experience alongside with Originís training, I will drive for a strong focus on first call resolution. I am open to all positions and duties Origin have to offer and am keen to learn the operations.

I would like to continue with a customer service role and was excited to hear about this opportunity that offers a great team culture and a recognition program.

If Iím a match for your current search it would be a pleasure for a personal interview. Thank you for taking the time to consider my application.