• Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Teaching advices

Hello,

I have an interview soon to become an English teacher. It will be a teaching trial to kids about 7 years old.
    But they want me to teach feelings and things like knock at the door, open the door, close the door. they gave me 2 pages from a book.
    I have to teach these words but for 40 mins. I don't know how can I teach for 40 mins. I could do, greetings, phonics, words introduction, 1 or 2 game but I think that it will be done in less than that time.
    So, I would need some advices in how to make the lesson last longer with only a few words to teach.

Thanks!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Teaching advices

First, you need "advice", not "advices". It's uncountable in English.

How many children will you be teaching? I think you'll find that 40 minutes goes past amazingly fast. Have you got any experience at all of teaching? Do you have a sample lesson plan yet?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Jordan
      • Current Location:
      • Jordan

Re: Teaching advices

try role plays, ask children to knock open and close the door

Quote Originally Posted by bertrand18m View Post
    Hello,

I have an interview soon to become an English teacher. It will be a teaching trial to kids about 7 years old.
    But they want me to teach feelings and things like knock at the door, open the door, close the door. they gave me 2 pages from a book.
    I have to teach these words but for 40 mins. I don't know how can I teach for 40 mins. I could do, greetings, phonics, words introduction, 1 or 2 game but I think that it will be done in less than that time.
    So, I would need some advices in how to make the lesson last longer with only a few words to teach.

Thanks!