Student or Learner
i wanna to know when i can use should instead of if .in the if conditional ??
My guess is that you are asking about 'inversion' structures, as in:
If you should change your mind, [...]
Should you change your mind, [...]
In this construction, the conjunction 'if' is dropped, and the auxiliary verb 'should' is put before the subject 'you'.(inversion)
(Please note that 'should' is NOT used instead of 'if'.)
I hope my response will be of some help to you.
thanks for all of you both
but i want to know if i can use should instead of in the first ,second and third conditional of if.
*if this house falls down , many people will be killed = should this house fall down , many people will be killed.
** if i knew italian , i'd tell you what this word mean = should i know italian , i'd tell you what this word mean.
*** if you had worn your coat , you wouldn't have caught a cold = should you wear your coat , you wouldn't have caught a cold .
Please edit your post so that it uses correct capitalisation and punctuation. Remember the rules of written English:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.
I will use this notes.