• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Algeria
      • Current Location:
      • Algeria

NEED YOUR HELP

Hi, i am new here and i need your help concerning a subject,i am learning english in a private school and to help me i use a lot the net to improve my listening, i can't make the difference between a website british or american , so my listening is mixed and also my accent, please give me some advice to have pure accent ;thanks[QUOTE]
    Last edited by amilla85; 02-Jun-2014 at 01:30. Reason: forgot quote

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: NEED YOUR HELP

Quote Originally Posted by amilla85 View Post
    Hi. I am new here and I need your help. concerning a subject, I am learning English in a private school and to help me I use a lot the net a lot to improve my listening. I can't make tell the difference between a website British or and American websites, so my listening is mixed and also so is my accent. Please give me some advice to have a pure accent. Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum.

There is no such thing as a "pure" accent. You can decide to concentrate on British English or on American English, making sure you listen to the relevant pronunciation on sites like Forvo. You can find lots of sites which list the differences in spelling and vocabulary between BrE and AmE.

At your stage, I think it is more important simply to concentrate on learning grammatical English and correctly written English. For example, the word "I" is always capitalised regardless of where it appears in a sentence. We don't put a space before a comma but we do put a space after a comma. We end sentences with a full stop, question mark or exclamation mark and we start every sentence with a capital letter.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Algeria
      • Current Location:
      • Algeria

Thanks a lot.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

It's also good practice to get exposed to different varieties of English as that reflects real world usage.

Welcome to the forum.