• Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

reading comprehension

Hello,

Would anyone be so kind of going through my text just to rate it. I mean, it's not necessary to correct, I am fully aware that this is not the purpose of this forum. However I have to submit this abstract and I would like to know if it's ok.
    In the original in Portuguese there are many commas, I mean, the sentences are too long in my opinion, but I had to be loyal to the original one.
    Thank you.

The hereby study aims to analyze the hypothesis of application of the theory of piercing the corporate veil in civil, consumer, labor, tributary and environmental rights in the Brazilian law. Therefore, after analyzing the underlying principles of this theory and where it stems from, its leading theories are pointed out, id est, the major and minor theory. At last, it is explained exactly how this theory is applied within the diverse areas of Brazilian law, utilizing the current legislation besides the doctrine and the fundamental jurisprudence of superior courts, in the face of the gaps found in the legislation, raising diverging topics and attempting to delimit the shareholders liability in the hypothesis of piercing the corporate veil in each area.
    Not a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: reading comprehension

Quote Originally Posted by BrunaBC View Post
    This hereby study aims to analyze the hypothesis of application of the theory of piercing the corporate veil in civil, consumer, labor, tributary and environmental rights in the Brazilian law. Therefore, after analyzing the underlying principles of this theory and where it stems from, its leading theories are pointed out, id est, the major and minor theory. At last Finally, it is explained exactly how this theory is applied within the diverse areas of Brazilian law, utilizing the current legislation besides the doctrine and the fundamental jurisprudence of superior courts, in the face of the gaps found in the legislation, raising diverging topics and attempting to delimit the shareholders liability in the hypothesis of piercing the corporate veil in each area.
    I don't understand what "the hypothesis of application of the theory" means. Is there a theory of piercing the corporate veil in Brazilian law? Can you say that a theory has a few leading theories? Is the "theory of piercing the corporate veil" in line 1 the same as the "hypothesis of piercing of the corporate veil" in the last line. If so, is it really "an analysis of the hypothesis/theory of the application of the theory/hypothesis"?
    I think you need to be careful using these words. What you seem to be saying is that you are going to analyse some plan to pierce the corporate wall. The plan could be based on a theory, which could be based on a hypothesis. But it's not clear.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: reading comprehension

shareholders' liability