• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

Is this sentence grammatically coorect?

I'm translating the abstract for a research on curriculum development. Here is what I try:

This research has objectives to prepare and develop the residence-based, integrated holistic education curriculum with the participation of the public, to develop the management of learning that is residence-based, integrated and holistic as well as the evaluation and assessment method, on the basis of which the credits of Core Curriculum can be awarded, and to study the efficiency of the developed curriculum so that it can be used as a prototype and then utilized more widely with the cooperation of XXX Foundation and XXX Office.

Is this sentence readable. And is the bold texts grammatically correct?
    The meaning I want is that the credits of Core Curriculum (Mandatory education curriculum) can be awarded on the basis of the evaluation and assessment of this developed curriculum.

Thanks in advance!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Is this sentence grammatically coorect?

The sentence is certainly not readable. It is far too long, and anyone attempting to wade through it would lose the thread very quickly. I would write it as follows:

This research has the following objectives:

1. To prepare and develop a residence-based, integrated holistic education curriculum, with the participation of the public.

2. To develop management of learning that is residence-based, integrated and holistic.

3. To develop an
    evaluation and assessment method, on the basis of which the credits of the Core Curriculum can be awarded.

4. To study the efficiency of the developed curriculum, so that it can be used first as a prototype and then more widely with the cooperation of XXX Foundation and XXX Office.
    I'm not a teacher of English, but I have spoken it for (almost) all of my life....