Student or Learner
1) The boys ignored my reference to the rules.
2) I told them off, they didn't take any notice.
3) I reprimanded them, they ignored me
4) They ignored my .....(what?).
Could you, please, make necessary corrections.
2 & 3 sound more natural to me. The first doesn't work well IMO.
To continue with what I asked above
1) I need your involvment on the matter
2) I need your interference
How are they?
Waiting to hear for the right version, please.
'I need your involvement in the matter.'
'I need your input.'
Don't forget full stops (periods).
In future, Irina, please start a new thread for unrelated questions.
Dear Rover, thank you very much!
But my first and second questions are related!
And in the view of that, will your second sentence work?
" I need your input"- when I want involvement of the parents in the misbehaviour of the boys.
This is the first time you've mentioned the boys' parents.
In that case, 'I need your involvement in the matter' is fine.