I have problem!!!!

hello my dear
    Iam studing T.E.F.L in university. I need some help , Iam good in English , but my problem that in class i have alot if things to say in my mind but I can't say it .And if I say it I'll have mistakes . I know that nobody is perfect but Iwant to be near perfection because I'll be a teacher after one year ,so if u have any advices 4 me me please help me .
    thank u very much

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Re: I have problem!!!!

Practice Makes Perfect!!

Be sure you will become proficient in speaking if you practice systematically and according to a scientific procedure. But until then, you can make use of my experience:

* Never try to translate what you think in Arabic, think in English instead. In other words, you have to forget about your Arabic knowledge of language when you are talking in English.
    Example: you want to say "please do the tasks simultaneously". But you cannot remember the words you need, so forget about it and tell it the way you can: "please do the things at the same time!!"

By the way, Persians like the people of Oman a lot. Did you know that?
    Last edited by Donbelid; 10-Apr-2006 at 16:51.

One cannot learn to swim without first struggling in the water and then perfecting one's style. Learning a new language is quite the same.

Believing in your heart and convincing your mind is a good approach.

I have studied Russian, Japanese, German and French. You must learn to think in that language, even if your wording and sentence structure is somewhat imperfect. Use English as often as you possibly can: read, listen, watch television, and write in English. Buy an English book/novel with audio (cassette) accompliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Donbelid
    Practice Makes Perfect!!
    Be sure you will become proficient in speaking if you practice systematically and according to a scientific procedure. But until then, you can make use of my experience:
    * Never try to translate what you think in Arabic, think in English instead. In other words, you have to forget about your Arabic knowledge of language when you are talking in English.
    Example: you want to say "please do the tasks simultaneously". But you cannot remember the words you need, so forget about it and tell it the way you can: "please do the things at the same time!!"
    By the way, Persians like the people of Oman a lot. Did you know that?
    thank you 4 your advic. I will try to do that
    it is a new information 4 me that Persians like the people of Oman a lot.
    but why u like us ??????

also we like people in Iran .. there are very friendly

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Well, the former Shah of Iran helped Sultan Ghabus to defeat "Zoffar". After that, Iran and Oman used to have joint military maneuvers in the Persian Gulf. We are special neighbors as to the Strait of Hormuz. And your traditional clothes are different and clearly more beautiful than other Arab nations!!