• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Libya
      • Current Location:
      • Libya

• Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Help me correct my statment of purpose

If you don't mind I need some help editing my statement of purpose if you don't mind, thank you in advance.

Statement of Purpose

“"We aim above the mark to hit the mark." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

And Because I have always believed in myself I have chosen to study the field of surgical pathology at university of Toledo. Always, I had enjoyed studying histology and pathology at college and at University as well, so I am keen to proceed with them to a more advanced level. I want to study pathology at a clinical and a practical level because making the theoretical studies real deeply intrigues and appeals to me.
    I am also interested in studying pathology because it is a very challenging and fascinating kind of medical field. Working in the department of Dermatology and venereology for 16 months, scraping and doing minor derma-cosmetic procedures, taking minor biopsies, skin scraping, all of this increased my scientific understanding and interest in surgical pathology, I believe that pathology and pathology assistants are part of one category along with dermatologists and plastic surgeons, one team seeking discovering the truth of pathology just to improve the quality of living for the patient.

I am a very dedicated learner and I have the ability to listen diligently to people as well as understand them. Working with a team of professors, teaching staff, colleagues, technicians and medical students at the University of Benghazi, Department of Anatomy and histology for more than a year enriched my personal experience on every level, scientifically and personally. It made out of me a potential learner willing to challenge and learn more.

The experience of studying micro-anatomy and working in the lab made me see what kind of job and academic career I could reach with respect to my potential and back ground.

I am certain that my chosen course as MSBS pathology Assistant is the right most suitable for me because not only is it something that inspired me form a very early age but it is something that I have relevant experience in. I enjoy the challenge, which is provided by university of Toledo, and I am confident that it will give me the best chance to prove myself and to achieve my potential.
    I feel that graduate study at your University will be the most logical extension of my academic pursuits and a major step towards achieving my objectives. I would be grateful to you if I am given the opportunity and am able to justify your faith in me. I look forward to satiate my evergreen forte and passions starting at Toledo.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 21-Jun-2014 at 07:53. Reason: Removed unnecessary bold usage