Please review , correct and comment on my letter of motivation. you can comment on grammatical errors, content and suitability.

Dear Sir or Madam

I write to apply for the Master of Public Policy under the DAAD Public Policy and Good Governance (PPGG) Program. This program is an opportunity for me to enrich my knowledge and professional growth thereby contributing to the socioeconomic development, democracy and good governance as well as promotion of social justice in Ghana and the world at large. It is my ambition to gain wide range erudition in Public Policy and Good Governance for the pursuit of an academic and professional career in the field. I graduated in 2012 from xxx , where I received a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science with Psychology (First Class Honors).

Ghana is heralded on the international stage as a success story on democratic governance in Africa. The 2012 worldwide governance indicator placed Ghana between the 50th and 60th percentile on political stability, government effectiveness and regulatory quality, rule of law, control of corruption and accountability. However, the country faces a countless number of social, economic and political challenges stemming from policy deficiencies, gross economic mismanagement, and political and institutional corruption which hinders the country’s social, economic and political growth and development. These problems incited my interest in public policy and good governance and prompted my decision to be a scholar in the field. It is my goal to join the ranks of scholars, professionals and advocates of public policy and good governance, who are working tirelessly to finding practical solutions to Ghana’s developmental problems. In this regard, a top quality Master of Public Policy is almost ‘a must’, and in this respect, xxx Master of Public Policy (MPP) pro*gramme is an obvious choice for me. It represents an essential stage of my education which complements well my previous studies and professional experience, its curriculum is extremely suitable to my ability, professional interest and career plan.
My undergraduate studies, guided me in systematic researching, analytical thinking, and information evaluation. I gained a strong academic background in the fields of Public Policy Process in Ghana, Human Resource Development and Management, Politics and Bureaucracy in Africa, Public Finance Administration, Issues in Comparative Politics, and Political economy of Africa's development since independence. These courses have given me an appreciable foundation in public policy and have motivated me to undertake further studies in the field.

I have been working in the domain of Human Rights, Anti-corruption, Administrative Justice (Ombudsman) and education. My professional experience with the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) as an intern exposed me to practical cases of corruption, human rights abuses, social injustice, and administrative injustice, hence my master thesis can seek to find practical solutions to augment what is already available by employing comparative analysis and approaches to finding practical solutions to Ghana's developmental problems. Working with CHRAJ has sharpened my interest on matters of social justice, democracy and good governance, peace and social development. My work as a Social Studies and Government teacher in Ejuraman Senior High School, coupled with that from CHRAJ, has further furnished me with foundational skills in researching, communication, presentation, leadership, organization and time management; traits which are relevant in achieving academic excellence. The subjects I taught as a teacher were very much about discourse on social, political and economic issues affecting my country which has complemented my knowledge and understanding of Ghana’s public policy process and political economy gained from my undergraduate studies.

I believe that my acquired knowledge and understanding of public policy and political economy from the undergraduate level, coupled with my professional experience, will contribute to the program through the sharing of ideas with people from diverse cultural, professional and academic background. I would like to play remarkable role in promoting democracy and good governance, and to make informed contribution to the social, economic and political growth and development, therefore, it is my aim to acquire analytic and practical knowledge and understanding as well as tools to analyze and form poli*cies, critically discuss policy innovations and evaluate solutions, and also, to be a force of positive reforms and development in Ghana and the larger globe. To accomplish this goal, I would like to apply for the DAAD Public Policy and Good Governance (PPGG) scholarship for 2015/2016 academic year. I am confident that I would make a suitable candidate for the program considering my broad academic foundation as well as my professional background.

In summary, I am eager to learn and to gain experience, improve my skills and broaden my understanding and knowledge on public policy and good governance. I am persuaded that taking part in this program offered by the xxx with its interdisciplinary approach, would contribute to my development as an expert of international repute in the best possible way. I hope to return to my Home country to start a career in academia or work as a research fellow with a think tank. The skills I may acquire through my studies will be an important asset in contributing to Ghana’s development.
Thank you very much for considering my application.