Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Germany
I am graduate student and i believe that my English is good enough but I was wondering that if people can understand me clearly as I know that communication is everything and if i have trouble with people of hard accents then i should know if people also struggle to understand my words.
I am attaching two samples.

my casual speech
https://soundcloud.com/zulfiqar-ali-61/accent

Reading from a topic
https://soundcloud.com/zulfiqar-ali-61/reading

In both samples i am not trying to sound sophisticated or clear but trying use my natural tone and accent.

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I just listened to the clips. I could understand your improvised speech better than your reading. When just speaking, you use different intonations depending on what you are saying (doubt, explanation, etc.) While reading, your tone is monotonous and it seems that the text you are reading is somewhat above your level: at certain points, you give the impression that you are fighting against the text.

As for your accent, it is not at all a problem to understand you when you speak, but I did feel it created some interference when you read.

Viel Glück! :up:

dzis

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Germany
I am not a native speaker, but it seems to me you have an Indian/Pakistani accent. As I noticed, people from there usually pronounce soft L when it should be firm. In your case, these words are: help, tell, people. Also something wrong with "th", you pronounce tink instead of think and dat instead of that.

Nevertheless, you have enough clear pronunciation and you sound much better than most of people in your country.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You have a South Asian accent, but I had no trouble at all understanding you in the clip of you speaking normally.

k0tchie1

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
You sounds like Indian mate! But, no worries your pronunciation is understandable and I can understand you clearly.
cheers :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.