• Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Cash

I am wondering if it is correct or not?

As you said you have an account with National Bank too. Did you deposit $ 1200/- which you took me as loan on 1st January 2014. in that case if the banks are same but branches are different. There is no need you to come my bank to deposit the amount in my account. You just fill in pay in slip with my bank details and give the cash to the cashier and who will take they money and give you stamped pay in slip.Please remember the stamp on the slip should be CASH.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

Re: Cash

Dear teachers, please tell me whether the following corrections are correct.

As you said you have an account with the National Bank too, have you deposited $1200/- which I lent you on January 1, 2014? Since our accounts are of different branches in the same bank, you need not come to my branch to make the deposit. You just fill in a pay-in slip with my account details and give the cash to the cashier who will then give you a stamped pay-in slip. Please remember that it should be stamped with 'CASH'.

I am not a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: Cash

I'm not sure exactly what some parts mean, but this is my best guess.

"As you said, you have an account with National Bank too. Did you deposit $1200 which I lent you on 1st January, 2014? If not, there is no need for you to come to this branch to deposit the amount into your account. You just fill in a deposit slip at any branch of the bank and give the cash to the cashier, who will take the money and give you stamped deposit slip. Please remember the stamp on the slip should be 'CASH'."

I can't see the relevance of the first sentence. Without 'too', it means that the whole paragraph is about the National Bank, and the writer is saying that you can deposit the $1200 in any branch of the bank. With 'too', it means you're dealing with another bank.