1. aregistered

how can i good at english

I mean informal english and formal english. I sometimes find it very hard to express myself in english. What should I do in those times.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: how can i good at english

There's no simple answer- learning a langauge takes a long time and a lot of preactice. Be patient and use your English as much as possible.

• Post Thanks / Like

Do you know where I can chat on English and practise my language on that way? Does some site exist, which include chat, but no simply english site then site where write people from all over the world because I don't know so good english that I can discuse about serious topics.

• Post Thanks / Like

hi!
    i know a very well site which could satisfy u, www.lycos.co.uk
    i used it and i'm ok now!!
    moumouh

• Post Thanks / Like

hi

the most useful advise to learn speaking english is to learn how to thing in english!! i guess it's the most difficult step,,
    cause even if your vocabulary is very reach , u have to teach yourself to thing in english, i don't know suppose that you are with some friends who don't speak english, and one of them say something, try to translate it to english,
    this is what i did for a long time and i'm ok now!
    hope this will be helpfull for you
    moumouh

• Post Thanks / Like

Get a good monolingual dictionary and learn as many word combinations as you can.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s.med
    hi!
    i know a very well site which could satisfy u, www.lycos.co.uk
    i used it and i'm ok now!!
    moumouh
    Thank you very much for this information . I'll look that site and then say my impression.
    If I have made mistakes, please, you correct me! I mean on all people, who will read this...Yes, this is small problem in English - don't exist difference between you in singular and you in plural! How do you (again...in plural) solve this problem?
    I haven't said that I'm delighted with this site and with people - all are so kind...

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nina_nina
    Thank you very much for this information . I'll look that site and then say my impression.
    If I have made mistakes, please, you correct me! I mean on all people, who will read this...Yes, this is small problem in English - don't exist difference between you in singular and you in plural! How do you (again...in plural) solve this problem?
    I haven't said that I'm delighted with this site and with people - all are so kind...
    It's funny you mention the difference between the singular and plural "you." In the American South, they show the distinction by saying "y'all" (you all) when using the plural you. It's a handy device, but unfortunately not one that's used in "proper" English. But some students use it as a mental clue - when constructing a sentence, try inserting both you and y'all - one singular, the second plural - and see which fits the best.