Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Writing Task 2

Topic: While studying some students take weekend or evening jobs to help with expenditure. How do you feel about this? What are the drawbacks and benefits of such a decision.
Give reasons and relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
=====================================================================================
There are visible trends of more and more students opting for some kind of part time jobs alongside studies these days. Key driver for opting multiple choices is the urge to earn money alongside studies to fulfil some of the relevant and some of the fabricated needs of the young generation.
As long as the requirements justifies, in my opinion it is a great way to kick start the career. Students are able to get practical exposure of professional lives with their studies. This not only exemplifies the professional experience but also help them to earn money which can directly/indirectly help the students in any ways. Some of the students are able to use this money to compensate their fees/books or utilizing that as their pocket money putting lesser pressure on their parents. Additionally, students completing their studies, would be able to use their savings to sustain while making the right career moves after their education.
Large number of students with these benefits in their minds are able to help the food industry, tourism industry, educational institute and retail industry in big countries like UK, US, Canada and Australia. The amalgamation has gradually started happening in developing countries like India, Romania, Philippines, Brazil etc.
On the contrary to the advantages stated above, there could also be some serious drawbacks because of these dual pursuits at the same time. Some of the students who get into part time jobs perceive the habit of earning some quick money and loose interest in studies. Some of them tend to misuse their earnings in bad habits like smoking, drinking, drug addiction, movie going etc. loosing full focus from studies and also spoiling them for lifetime.
In my view, as long as students are making judicious use of their earnings without losing focus on studies, this can be a wonderful start to the career of some bright star in the professional world.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

What is the purpose of your essay? What are you going to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.