Summer is suitable season to take a vacation with a family. It would be more comfortable if it take place with a scientific conference at the same time and in the same place. Last summer, i participated in a one week fishery conference that held at the one of the conference hotels in Budapest. Fishery scientists in the same field of research and study gathered together from all around the world. This conference funded by the American-European scientists and will be held once every three years in one of the European countries. For me, it was a great opportunity to be there and communicate with the other researchers in the same field of study. Discussion with each other about the research topics and the presentation feedbacks took place either during a break time or a coffee time interval between each session. I had a poster presentation which was about the preliminary results from part of my PhD project and I got a lot of worthwhile comments from other researchers. The conference presentation timeline was 9:00 until 5:00 every day. Furthermore, there were also two workshops related to fishery sciences which were held during the conference. After each day presentation there was still a lot of time to be together in the city and participate in a few Budapest city tours.
During our stay weather in Budapest was sunny, warm and humid. Geographically, the city is divided into two parts named Buda and Pest by the Danube River; the Buda on the western bank of the Danube River and the Pest on the bank opposite site. There are lots of historical places (or: a lot of historical places; I do not know whether both of them are correct or just one is correct?!) and tours in which everybody is welcomed by a tour organizers. Hungarian parliament building, the third largest parliament in the European parliament, which is located on the Pest side, is one of the famous touristic places in Budapest. There are several places to visit such as Chain bridge, Buda castle, Matthias church, St. Stephen’s Basilica, Hungarian state opera house and fisherman’s bastion. Fortunately, every day we managed our time to visit at least one place in the historical city. Finally, our departure place was from Vienna airport. We were in Vienna for two days and it was amazing place to visit with beautiful parks and museums. Furthermore, there were helpful people and good tempered citizens. We found Vienna as a homeland of the classic music composers such as Mozart, Hayden, Schubert and Strauss. In conclusion, Last summer we had a worthwhile scientific conference exhibition and great memories during our stay in Budapest and Vienna.