[General] Could someone correct this letter please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundar57

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Australia
I regret to write to you that I am not working for xxx at this time as I am working for another. This job is a contract job and may take about one month time to finish.

I had, well in advance informed xxx that I may get a job. When I was interviewed on Monday 7[SUP]th[/SUP] July afternoon for this job I was given time until the following day morning to let the employer know about my acceptance of the job. So, Monday night I sent the SMS to xxx whether to accept the job or not. Unfortunately, he hasn't replied. As he hasn't paid me for the last five fortnights and my land lord was warning me about the rent not being paid for two months I decided to take up the new job on Tuesday and informed him the same day.

The current job is temporary and I wouldn't have taken up it, had xxx paid me at least on Tuesday the following day. Every time I asked for the wages he postponed to the following day.

During the time of his overseas trip and his father’s death following, he hadn't left money to pay the workers and the job agent was threatening to take up the issue to Fair Work. I used my own money to pay some of them. xxx was repaying this money monthly but he has stopped long time ago still leaving a balance of $1,000.00. Also an employee whom I brought on the request of xxx hadn't been paid for his last week work before his quitting.

The circumstances has made me being left from xxx temporarily but still I find enough time to complete his work unless he doesn't want me.

Could you please ask xxx to pay my wages?

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I regret to write to you that I am not working for xxx at this time as I am working for another. This job is a contract job and may take about one month time to finish.

I am writing to inform you that I am not working for xxx at this time. I am working for a different company. This job is a contract job and will take about a month to finish.

I had, well in advance informed xxx that I may get a job. When I was interviewed on Monday 7[SUP]th[/SUP] July afternoon for this job I was given time until the following day morning to let the employer know about my acceptance of the job. So, Monday night I sent the SMS to xxx whether to accept the job or not. Unfortunately, he hasn't replied. As he hasn't paid me for the last five fortnights and my land lord was warning me about the rent not being paid for two months I decided to take up the new job on Tuesday and informed him the same day.

I had, well in advance, informed xxx that I may get the job. When I was interviewed on July 7th (Monday afternoon) I was given until the following day to let my employer know about my employer about my acceptance of the job. So, Monday night I sent the SMS to xxx about whether to accept the job or not. Unfortunately, he hasn't replied. As he hasn't paid me for the last two months, and my landlord has been complaining about the rent not being paid for the last two months, I decided to take the new job on Tuesday, and I informed him on the same day.

The current job is temporary and I wouldn't have taken up it, had xxx paid me at least on Tuesday the following day. Every time I asked for the wages he postponed to the following day.

Every time I ask for my money he puts me off, saying he'll talk about it the next day.

I don't understand. Are you saying you are willing to continue working for the guy even though he hasn't paid you for two months? (And you have paid the workers with your own money?)

:-?

sundar57

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Australia
Thank you very much for your correction.

The situation behind this letter is as following.

I worked as a bookkeeper for a business and for the last two and a half months I was not paid my wages. My boss is a contractor for a company and the director of the company who knows me well is a relative of my boss. So, I am making a request to the director to influence my boss to pay my wages. I had the intention to complete all arrears work if he settles my due but now I have changed my mind not to continue.

Yes, I have paid my own money to pay some of the workers on the request of my boss. This happened when he was away for one month. He paid me in monthly instalments but stopped the payments three months ago. The balance is $1,000 remaining.

Again I shall thank you to correct this letter.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You are being very reasonable about this considering the circumstances. I would take him to court.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You are being very reasonable about this considering the circumstances. I would take him to court.

I agree. All too reasonable.

:roll:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Okay, there's not much left.

During the time of his overseas trip and his father’s death following, he hadn't left money to pay the workers and the job agent was threatening to take up the issue to Fair Work. I used my own money to pay some of them. xxx was repaying this money monthly but he[STRIKE] has [/STRIKE]stopped long time ago[STRIKE] still[/STRIKE] leaving a balance of $1,000.00. Also an employee whom I brought on the request of xxx hadn't been paid for his last week of work before[STRIKE] his[/STRIKE] quitting.

The circumstances have compelled me to leave xxx temporarily but[STRIKE] still [/STRIKE]I have enough time to complete his work unless he doesn't want me.

Could you please ask xxx to pay me my wages?

That's good enough.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.