- Could you correct these sentences, please and tell me whether past perfect is optional with 'before' and 'after'?
- After Christian spent/had spent his summer in Spain, he wanted to learn Spanish.
- Jane had phoned/phoned Mom at work before she left for her journey.
- Kate turned on the radio after she had washed / washed the dishes.
- After the woman had come/came home, she fed the dog.
- He had played/played guitar before he sang a song.
- Eric phoned his friend after he made/had made breakfast.
- After the children had gone/went to bed, she watched the video.
- Children had ridden /rode their bicycles before they met friends.
Where did you find these sentences and what is the purpose of your exercise?
Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.