Member Type
Other
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
Great Britain
Tomorrow morning my wife will have an operation at xxx ,I need to pick up her from the hospital around lunchtime. I would be very grateful if you could allow me to work from home.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Tomorrow morning my wife will have an operation at xxx ,I need to pick up her from the hospital around lunchtime. I would be very grateful if you could allow me to work from home.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

I assumed "xxx" refers to the name of the clinic/hospital rather than the time. The time would be unnecessary as you have already said "Tomorrow morning". Remember that we don't put a space before a comma but we do put a space after one. Having said that, I would replace the comma with "and".

Tomorrow morning, my wife is having/will have an operation at [name of clinic] and I need to pick her up around lunchtime. Therefore, I would be very grateful if you would allow me to work from home tomorrow.
Thank you.

Boris Tatarenko

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

I assumed "xxx" refers to the name of the clinic/hospital rather than the time. The time would be unnecessary as you have already said "Tomorrow morning". Remember that we don't put a space before a comma but we do put a space after one. Having said that, I would replace the comma with "and".

Tomorrow morning, my wife is having/will have an operation at [name of clinic] and I need to pick her up around lunchtime. Therefore, I would be very grateful if you would allow me to work from home tomorrow.
Thank you.

I'm sorry, but it sounds too formal to me, doesn't it?

I'd be very grateful if you allow me to work from home tomorrow.

Not a teacher nor a native speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.