Student or Learner
Are my answers correct ?
Without changing the meaning, rewrite the following sentences using a modal.
1. Mrs Rice was convinced the two women had overheard their conversation.
"The two women must have overheard our conversation", Mrs Rice thought.
2. After the departure of the police, Mrs Rice thought being afraid was useless.
She thought she shouldn’t be afraid.
3. Harold advised Elsie not to think about it again.
He told her she shouldn’t think about it again.
4. It's impossible that Elsie should have felt calm.
Elsie can’t / couldn’t have felt calm.
5. Perhaps the two ladies will finally not blackmail them.
The two ladies might finally not blackmail them.
6. People probably felt horrified at that tragic event.
People could have felt horrified at … ?
7. It is impossible that the Olympic Games should go on like this.
The Olympic Games can’t go on like this.
8. Perhaps there were more spectators in Atlanta than in Munich.
There might have been more spectators in Atlanta …
9. The author is sorry that there weren't enough policemen on the spot.
The author thinks there should have been more policemen on the spot.
10. It isn't necessary for the organisers to postpone the Games.
The organisers should not postpone the Games.