Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: clink-clank

  1. Member
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

    • Join Date: May 2011
    • Posts: 301


    I can't describe the sound of a metal object striking the ground. Are the following sentences correct? Or please help me rewrite them. Thank you a lot.

    Michelle was a smartphone addict. One day while she was walking along the sidewalk, her eyes were glued to the screen, single-mindedly playing a mobile game. Before she knew it, she walked faster and faster, only to bump into a huge tree by the sidewalk. She got a bad cut over her left eye, and her phone fell onto the sidewalk with "clink-clank!"

  2. lotus888's Avatar
    Senior Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: May 2014
    • Posts: 417

    Re: clink-clank

    ...her phone fell onto the sidewalk with a big thud.

    "Clink-clank" or "clinkety-clank" is more metal-to-metal or hard objects hitting metal objects.

    Last edited by lotus888; 02-Aug-2014 at 00:11.

Similar Threads

  1. clink glasses
    By milan2003_07 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-Jun-2011, 02:52


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts