Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Good day!:)
Could anyone explain the meaning of this phrase?It's from the dialog of CJ and Ryder from GTA San Andreas (misson 4 "Cleaning the hood")). The base means (I guess) the haunt of drug- dealers, addicts etc. Heroes had crashed and smashed up the base, and after that there was the following dialog:

Ryder:
Now that the base ain't getting pushed up in their faces... Maybe these fools should be up for some real bangin'!
Carl Johnson
: Yeah, Grove gonna get back on it's feet now for sure though.
Ryder: Later, homie!

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I'm sorry, I haven't a clue.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm sorry, I haven't a clue.

I'm sorry, I'll read that again. (Actually, I don't want to.) ;-)

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Good day!:)
Could anyone explain the meaning of this phrase? It's from the dialog of CJ and Ryder from GTA San Andreas (misson 4 "Cleaning the Hood")). The base means (I guess) the haunt of drug- dealers, addicts, and so on. Heroes had crashed and smashed up the base, and after that there was the following dialog:

Ryder:
Now that the base ain't getting pushed up in their faces... Maybe these fools should be up for some real bangin'!
Carl Johnson
: Yeah, Grove gonna get back on its feet now​, for sure, though.
Ryder: Later, homie!

Bangin' = Wonderful

Derivation: Banging is long-time American slang for having sex. Sex is wonderful, so by extension, bangin' can mean having fun or partying.

We have to keep our eye on Grove, though (whatever that is). Losing the base is just a set-back! Grove will be back in operation soon, so watch out.

About "later, homey":

- Later = Goodbye, see you later.

- Homey (or home boy or home girl or Holmes) = person you grew up with, old friend, person who comes from the same place you come from. Homies take care of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.