Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me correct the following wording. Thanks!

It turns out that we don’t know how the transferred account procedure of the banks in China works. We are glad to know your problem is solved and we also learn from this experience. Good luck with you in your future itinerary in China.

Champleon

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hello,
I would have written this:
It turns out that we don’t know how a transfer account procedure among a bank and its branch offices works in China.
We are glad to know your problem is solved, and we also learn from this experience. Good luck with you in your future itinerary in China.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Champleon, you were asked earlier today to clarify part of your member profile. Your signature line says "I'm not a teacher yet" but your profile information says you are a "Retired English teacher". You can't be both. The standard of the English in your post (#2) suggests very strongly that your signature line is correct. Please change your member type to "Student or Learner".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please help me correct the following wording. Thanks!

It turns out that we don’t know how the transferred account procedure of the banks in China works. We are glad to know your problem is solved and we also learn from this experience. Good luck with you in your future itinerary in China.

We have established that we were unaware of the "transferred account procedure" of banks in China. We are happy to hear that your problem is solved. We have also learnt from this experience. Good luck with the rest of your visit to China.

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Why here use double quotation marks as "transferred account procedure" in the sentence?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It sounds as if it is a procedure with an official name amongst banks in China. If not, then I would say "we were unaware of the procedures for/with transferred accounts ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.