• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

• Post Thanks / Like

motivation letter

would you mind correcting my motivation letter? I know it's full of mistakes:(

August 01, 2014

Dear register:

I am writing to apply for the PhD position in the biology research groups at [NAME OF CITY REMOVED] Graduate School for Neurosciences, Biophysics, and Molecular Biosciences ([ABBREVIATION FOR SCHOOL]). I am currently a second-year-graduate student in cellular and molecular of biology at [NAME OF UNIVERSITY REMOVED] in Iran and I will be graduated in September 2014.

During my bachelor studies I was captivated by molecular and cellular of biology. Unfortunately, there are not enough faculties and sufficient laboratory equipment in these fields at the [NAME OF UNIVERSITY]. So I decided to expand my knowledge by self-study on cellular processes such as apoptosis and also gene expression during my master. I had the opportunity to build my thesis on biochemistry. So my interest in biochemistry grows so much. I have developed strong command on Biochemistry and acquired proficiency on analysing activity of enzymes. In the first year of my master’s degree, I have been selected to work as teacher-assistance of Dr. [NAME OF DOCTOR] and though to undergraduate students in biochemistry lab because of my ability in this lab.

I am interested in interference between medical and biology. I am really enthusiastic to study about multiple genetic diseases that caused by mutation. The process of transcription and translation is really interesting for me. One of my favorite fields is study about posttranslational modifications in RNA and proteins such as acetylation, phosphorylation and methylation ,as many diseases are caused by defective in this processes. I also took a course of seminar during my masters with title “Histone deacetylases (HDAC) and Its Effective Roles in Incidence of Cancer” under supervision of Dr. [NAME OF DOCTOR] (assistant prof in biology Dep at [NAME OF UNIVERSITY]). This seminar held on December 10, 2013 in amphitheatre of the Faculty of Biology at [NAME OF UNIVERSITY]. So, it would be the most important goal for me to investigate the regulatory role of RNA-protein complexes during disease, differentiation and development.

I believe my academic and professional experiences are well qualified to meet the needs of the project.During my life I have worked and studied hard so I am pretty sure that I will continue hard working during my PHD. I am a responsible and flexible person. I learned to work alone during my education in Iran. But, I love to work as part of a team. I find [NAME OF ESTABLISHMENT] as an international high quality school and studying in [NAME OF ESTABLISHMENT] is great chance for me to broaden my knowledge in my favorite field. Studying in Germany is an excellent chance for me to meet a new people and build my future as researcher in international environment. Thanks for your time and consideration. I am looking forward to a favorable reply.

Yours faithfully
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 10-Aug-2014 at 23:10. Reason: Removed all personal and otherwise identifiable information