[General] How to write letter to HR asking bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKN89

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I resigned company & I have asked for the bonus what I deserve as of contract we agreed at the time of relieving. Hr simply denies my request as I'm not working here anymore. But I got to know that my ex-colleague who had same terms as mine got his bonus.

So I want to write email to head of HR department asking for bonus & know the reason why I can't get my bonus paid.

Please help me to write a letter by providing sample email/letter.

AKN89

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thanks for your replies. I thought I could get help.

Thanks once again.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You can get help if you make some effort first. I am sure you could write this letter in your own language so do that first and then try to translate it as well as you can into English.

AKN89

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello.:-D
For your reference: http://salarylettersamples.blogspot.jp/2012_10_01_archive.html
(I don't know if they are good or not. Try writing your own letter. Good luck!)

You can get help if you make some effort first. I am sure you could write this letter in your own language so do that first and then try to translate it as well as you can into English.

"In my appraisal interview ten months ago, I was told that I would receive 24000 of bonus amount based on performance. But our HR says that I'm not eligible as I'm relieving from the services of company before the completion of year(October 2013 - September 2014, He considered from the salary revised date).

I got to know from my sources that one of employee who relieved company received full bonus amount even with out completion of year at the time of relieving. This makes me feel like I'm being discriminated.

I have worked with your organization for the last two years as junior systems analyst with dedication at work and I have completed all the assignments with in deadline and my attitude in dealing with colleagues and superiors was excellent. I have impressed our clients with my work. So I strongly believe that I definitely deserve the bonus & I have asked same.

I didn't get why I have been discriminated so though I worked for the interest and growth of company.

I hope you will take a favorable view in recognizing my earnest contributions to the company.

Thank you and hoping for a positive response from you."

Please take a review on the above draft letter.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
But our HR says that I'm not eligible as ...
If the HR previously said something which stands valid at present, should the OP write 'our HR says' or 'our HR said'?

Status
Not open for further replies.