• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Please check my letter

To whom it may concern,

I am a geology student at university of (........). I would like to change my degree plan from geology to computer science. I know itís a big change but after finishing my first year in university I know that I cannot continue in this area. I worked really hard in my first year and I got high marks but that was just because I thought maybe with time I will start enjoying it, but unfortunately Iím still not interested in it at all. I donít think I will be able to do the same thing next year.

On the other hand I think computer science is really interesting and I always read about it in my free time. Iím sure that I will expand my knowledge in this area even beyond university requirement. Iím interested in many aspects of computer science and IT security is one them.

I donít think I can give you my best as a geologist because geology is not for me. Please consider my request as Iím sure it will be for the best.

Yours faithfully,
    (.........)

__________________________________________________ _________________

please tell me how to improve the letter and what to add

thank you

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Please check my letter

There are not many mistakes, but there are a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Badr-2 View Post
    To whom it may concern,

I am a geology student at university of (........). I would like to change my degree plan from geology to computer science. I know itís a big change, but after finishing my first year in university I know that I cannot continue in this area. I worked really hard in my first year and I got high marks, but that was just because I thought maybe with time I would start enjoying it, but unfortunately Iím still not interested in it at all. I donít think I will be able to do the same thing next year.

On the other hand, I think computer science is really interesting and I have always read about it in my free time. Iím sure that I will expand my knowledge in this area even beyond university requirements. Iím interested in many aspects of computer science, and IT security is one them.

I donít think I can give you my best as a geologist because geology is not for me. Please consider my request, as Iím sure it will be for the best.

Yours faithfully,
    (.........)

__________________________________________________ _________________
    As you can see, it was mostly punctuation that needed attention. (You don't like using commas, do you? )

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Please check my letter

Quote Originally Posted by Badr-2 View Post

Please tell me how to improve the letter and what to add.

Thank you.
    Remember to use capitalisation and punctuation outside the main body of your letter too.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.