Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
UK
To whom it may concern,

I am a geology student at university of (........). I would like to change my degree plan from geology to computer science. I know it’s a big change but after finishing my first year in university I know that I cannot continue in this area. I worked really hard in my first year and I got high marks but that was just because I thought maybe with time I will start enjoying it, but unfortunately I’m still not interested in it at all. I don’t think I will be able to do the same thing next year.

On the other hand I think computer science is really interesting and I always read about it in my free time. I’m sure that I will expand my knowledge in this area even beyond university requirement. I’m interested in many aspects of computer science and IT security is one them.

I don’t think I can give you my best as a geologist because geology is not for me. Please consider my request as I’m sure it will be for the best.

Yours faithfully,
(.........)

please tell me how to improve the letter and what to add

thank you

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There are not many mistakes, but there are a few.

To whom it may concern,

I am a geology student at university of (........). I would like to change my degree plan from geology to computer science. I know it’s a big change, but after finishing my first year in university I know that I cannot continue in this area. I worked really hard in my first year and I got high marks, but that was just because I thought maybe with time I would start enjoying it, but unfortunately I’m still not interested in it at all. I don’t think I will be able to do the same thing next year.

On the other hand, I think computer science is really interesting and I have always read about it in my free time. I’m sure that I will expand my knowledge in this area even beyond university requirements. I’m interested in many aspects of computer science, and IT security is one them.

I don’t think I can give you my best as a geologist because geology is not for me. Please consider my request, as I’m sure it will be for the best.

Yours faithfully,
(.........)

As you can see, it was mostly punctuation that needed attention. (You don't like using commas, do you? ;-))

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please tell me how to improve the letter and what to add.

Thank you.

Remember to use capitalisation and punctuation outside the main body of your letter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.