• Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Break and work

Hi guys,

If I have to go on break but I am working and I want my friend to wait for me untill I finish my work and also there is some time left in the break to happen(like ten minites).(I hope I have written the last sentence correctly). Can I say "Break will happen untill I finish my work"?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: Break and work

I can't say I really understand your question, but I can tell you that "Break will happen untill I finish my work" is an incorrect sentence.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Break and work

Quote Originally Posted by tufguy View Post
    Hi guys,

If I have to go on break but I am working and I want my friend to wait for me untill until I finish my work and but also there is some time left in the break to happen(like ten minites) about ten minutes of the break left, (I hope I have written the last sentence correctly). can I say "Break will happen untill I finish my work"?
    No, you can't. It's wrong. I have made some amendments to your post above in red. You had not written that sentence correctly and the correct spelling is "until".

I don't know quite what you are trying to say either.

If you are still working and you want your friend to continue working and take his/her break at the same time as you, then you would say something like "I'm still working. Can you keep working and we'll go on our break together?" If the time of the break is set (ie it's always from 10.30 until 10.45) and you have already missed some of it, then that sounds like bad luck.

If you are bemoaning your bad luck, you can say "Break will be over by the time I finish my work". I don't see how you can tie that in with asking your friend to wait for you.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.