Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hello,
My name is Bandar, I'm from Medal East, I've been learning English more then 3 years, I really love it, but I've a small problem that I would like to have an answer for it, it's my reading skills aloud I really feel shy when I read loudly at the class I couldn't spell the sentence well, I know I should have the skill I'm really frustrated.
what should I do :(

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: How to improve my speaking skills

Hello.
My name is Bandar and I'm from [STRIKE]Medal[/STRIKE] the Middle East. I've been learning English for more [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] than 3 years. I really love it (no comma required here) but I've a small problem that I would like to have an answer for. [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] It's my reading [STRIKE]skills[/STRIKE] aloud skills. I really feel shy when I read [STRIKE]loudly[/STRIKE] aloud [STRIKE]at the[/STRIKE] in class. [STRIKE]I couldn't spell the sentence well,[/STRIKE] I think you mean "I can't say the sentences well". I know I should have the skill and I'm really frustrated.
What should I do? [STRIKE]:([/STRIKE] :-(

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

How often do you speak English aloud? Many people study for hours and hours just using books but they never speak! Can you practice your spoken English with friends, family or perhaps find a language group locally?

My best advice, however, is don't be shy and don't be embarrassed. Everyone feels the same when they speak a foreign language. If you don't practice, you won't get better.

You can talk to yourself at home in English all the time. When you read an English sentence, say it aloud even if you are in your bedroom or your kitchen! Listen to an English-speaking radio station - don't concentrate on trying to understand everything they say, just play the radio station in the background all the time. You will start to become accustomed to the rhythm and the cadence of the language and you will begin to understand more and more words. You can copy their pronunciation too.

Please see the corrections I made to your post above. Punctuation is very important in written English. You used only commas. You needed lots of full stops instead and you needed a question mark at the end.

The Koolest

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia

Thanks a lot for correcting my post. I wrote it in hurry, so, I listen to the radio a lot most of my time and I can understand almost everything, also, I have been told from my teachers that my speaking skills is perfect, and I can tell that when I speak to the people who speaks the native language. I know myself and I'm sure someday I'll read loud as I speak perfectly
but do you think if I practiced reading loud my favorite book will help me more?
although I need some steps which could help me to improve my reading loud skills.
by the way I love reading books.

thank you again for your help.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How are you in public speaking in your native language? Is the problem with English or with reading out loud period?

The Koolest

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
How are you in public speaking in your native language? Is the problem with English or with reading out loud period?
my problem is just with reading out loud in English.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please remember to start every sentence with a capital letter when you write in English.

Polyester

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

How often do you speak English aloud? Many people study for hours and hours just using books but they never speak! Can you practice your spoken English with friends, family or perhaps find a language group locally?

My best advice, however, is don't be shy and don't be embarrassed. Everyone feels the same when they speak a foreign language. If you don't practice, you won't get better.

You can talk to yourself at home in English all the time. When you read an English sentence, say it aloud even if you are in your bedroom or your kitchen! Listen to an English-speaking radio station - don't concentrate on trying to understand everything they say, just play the radio station in the background all the time. You will start to become accustomed to the rhythm and the cadence of the language and you will begin to understand more and more words. You can copy their pronunciation too.

Please see the corrections I made to your post above. Punctuation is very important in written English. You used only commas. You needed lots of full stops instead and you needed a question mark at the end.

Great!
I have been listening BBC news for more than two years. I agree with your point. Because I can't follow up their speed when I was watching the film in the cinema. In the beginning, when I'm fully focus on listening every words at BBC news station, it's not success. I don't understand what they say, what they mean as well as the words that I don't know...

However, I can fully focus on what their conversation and words after 2 years. In the first time, it's hard. But, the result is very sweet. I love it....

Status
Not open for further replies.