Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
hi!... can anyone, please, tell me if there is any mistake in this text? thanx!:

today, I was wondering why I´ve always liked babies and little kids so much since I was a child myself… suddenly, I found the reason –or, better said, I remembered the reason, since I realize now that when I was a child I was fully aware of
why I loved babies…
and the reason is that only in babies and little kids u can find some authenticity... 99% of grown-ups are simply artificial, fake, empty, dull... carbon copies of each other... simple carriers and conveyors of the official and unique way of thinking... not worth devoting any time to.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

The main problems are with punctuation and capitalisation. We don't connect sentences with ... as you have done. Click on Edit Post and make changes to your post, following these important rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

Please also remember to use full, standard English words, not textspeak/chatlish. The word "u" does not exist. It's "you".

If you want to learn how to use an ellipsis (...), look HERE (there are other sites, try Google).

alejandrovig

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you.

"Thank you" is a sentence so it needs to follow the rules I just gave you. In addition, there is no need to write a new post to say "Thank you". Simply click on the "Thank" button in the bottom left-hand corner of any post you find helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.