• Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

email

sample of email convincing a family member why she should apply for a certain job

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: email

Hello Trish, and welcome to Using English.

Here are a few things to know to make your use of the forum work for all of us.
    1. We expect people to use the best English they are capable of. That means capital letters, punctuation, etc.
    2. We expect people to ask questions as questions, not a phrase that requires us to read your mind (and not as a demand).
    3. We will not help with homework, and I believe this is a homework question. If you have taken a test, submitted an essay, etc. and receive comments or marks back from your teacher you don't understand, you are very welcome to ask about them.
    4. For "real life" situations, we are not a letter-writing service. We expect people to make their best attempt first and post it in the "letters" section, and as time permits, someone may offer you corrections.
    5. When asking about the meaning of a word or phrase, or asking how to say something, we require context. Many things could mean many things in isolation.

For this assignment, after you have written it and turned it in to your teacher, if you teacher makes corrections you don't understand, please come back and ask us about them. Make sure you use capital letters and punctuation in the writing you turn in.

I also notice that you are a native speaker of English living in the U.S. Please note that users of this forum expect that native English speakers do things correctly. We don't want them copying any bad habits, thinking it's the right way to do things.
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 20-Aug-2014 at 23:36. Reason: Fixing typo.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.