• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Morocco

Help! with proposal writing

I'm trying to write a proposal , Please correct me .

Following our discussion I am ready to offer my services for the completion of your project.
    The service consists of making:

• The visual identity, including the color scheme, logo, brochure.
    • Responsive website
    • Web application to manage the registration of Congress

depending on the details you provide us, design will be at your disposal.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Help! with proposal writing

You wrote this well, Adam! Here are a few pointers:

Quote Originally Posted by adam201 View Post
    I'm trying to write a proposal. [That's a sentence. It needs a period, with no space between the last word and the period. The ONLY punctuation mark that has a space after the word before it is the first quotation mark of a quote: She said "Yes."] Please correct me. [Again, the period goes here.] .

Following our discussion, [Commas go after dependent clauses that start sentences. But because the clause is short and there's no confusion about your meaning, the comma here is optional.] I am ready to offer my services for the completion of your project.
    The services consist [It was plural in the first sentence, and you name more than one below, so stay with it.] of making:

• The visual identity, including the color scheme, logo, brochure.
    • A responsive website. [A period here is optional, but because your first bullet point ended with a period, you need to be consistent.]
    • A web application to manage the registration of Congress. [I don't understand this line. Do you mean registration for a congress?]

Depending [Unless this is a text message, your sentence MUST start with a capital!] on the details you provide us, my [Or a or the. Otherwise, you're not talking about a particular design, you're just talking about design as a broad concept or topic.] design will be at your disposal.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

This is too vague to be a proposal.

You are both a graphic designer and a webmaster?

If you say you will create a brochure, I expect writing as well as design. Is that what you meant? Or are you creating a brochure template? A one-page brochure? A tri-fold? A four-pager? A flyer? Be specific about what you are offering.
    You'll do a full-color logo? Will you also provide it in monotone as well?

You'll create a Web site ("interative" versus "responsive" maybe) of any pages? A home page and...

Do you mean a mobile app?

You may need something more like this:
    After our discussion, I understand there are three main areas where I can help you.
    • A visual identiy system consisting of a logo, color scheme, and marketing material templates, including letterhead, brochure formats, etc.
    • A full, interactive Web site [give more details here if you can - an area for case studies, customer inquiry, a product showcase, etc]
    • An application to manage conference registration

I can work with you on any one or two of these, or all three, depending on your needs. We would need to have a more detailed discussion about scope and timing for a realistic proposal on price.

Please see samples of my work [link] so you can get a flavor of what I can create for you. I look forward to speaking with you again.
    Last edited by Barb_D; 30-Aug-2014 at 12:26.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

4. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Morocco

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Bernstein View Post
    You wrote this well, Adam! Here are a few pointers:
    Thank you :)

5. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Morocco

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    This is too vague to be a proposal.

You are both a graphic designer and a webmaster?

If you say you will create a brochure, I expect writing as well as design. Is that what you meant? Or are you creating a brochure template? A one-page brochure? A tri-fold? A four-pager? A flyer? Be specific about what you are offering.
    You'll do a full-color logo? Will you also provide it in monotone as well?

You'll create a Web site ("inteative" versus "responsive" maybe) of any pages? A home page and...

Do you mean a mobile app?

You may need something more like this:
    After our discussion, I understand there are three main areas where I can help you.
    • A visual identiy system consisting of a logo, color scheme, and marketing material templates, including letterhead, brochure formats, etc.
    • A full, interactive Web site [give more details here if you can - an area for case studies, customer inquiry, a product showcase, etc]
    • An application to manager conference registration

I can work with you on any one or two of these, or all three, depending on your needs. We would need to have a more detailed discussion about scope and timing for a realistic proposal on price.

Please see samples of my work [link] so you can get a flavor of what I can create for you. I look forward to speaking with you again.
    Thank's for your help :)

1- Yeah, I'm a graphic designer & developer
    2- Flyer
    3- No, Web Application (Via web browser )