• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • Sri Lanka
      • Current Location:
      • Qatar

I lost my wallet

I am writing in regards to loss of my wallet during my recent stay and request some sort of rewards to housekeeping staff john, who help me lot to find it.
    Last week, I stayed in your hotel with my colleague for an official work. On Saturday we had a wonderful birthday party at hotel rooftop bar, and then I took my dinner and slept. Following day, I have a presentation at 10.00 o’clock, I was unable to locate a memory card where all presentation files are stored, and realized that I loss it with my wallet. I got nervous, search everywhere but could not find. After some time hotel housekeeping staff John found my wallet in bar and gave me, I was very surprise because $ 3000 cash was in my wallet, I am sure, If someone else find it, they will never return me.
    Considering the above circumstances and respect John royalty, I would like to request hotel management to arrange a function to honor his behavior and give him a valuable gift, which will encourage other staff to do the same.
    I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Sasi.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: I lost my wallet

You have come to the right place. First, you are not requesting a reward. You are offering a reward. (Very nice of you.) Now, let's rearrange some of the words. Try:

I wish to express my thanks to John (of the hotel staff), who found my wallet for me during my last visit to your hotel. He saved my life! (Well, not literally, but close. ) I was there at the hotel with my colleague on a work-related visit. On Saturday we had a wonderful birthday party at the hotel rooftop bar, then I ate dinner and slept. On the following day I had a presentation at 10AM. I was unable to locate a memory card where all the presentation files are stored, and I realized that it was in my wallet, which I had lost. I got nervous, I searched everywhere, but I couldn't find it. After some time, John (with the hotel housekeeping staff) found my wallet (in the bar) and gave it to me. I was very surprised that the $3,000 in the wallet was still there. I am pretty sure that if anybody else had found it that I would never had gotten it back. I would like the hotel management to arrange a function to honor John's laudable behavior and to give him a valuable gift, which will (hopefully) encourage other hotel staff to do the same.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Sasi