Please see my corrections to your post above. Remember to follow these basic rules of written English:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
There are other rules, of course, but those are the basic. Please don't use textspeak/chatlish on the forum - "wanna" is not a word. Use "want to".
In answer to your main question, why do you want to use the past perfect? There is nothing wrong with "I overcame my depression by joining a gym".
Interested in Language