Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I understand that this forum will not help with homework. Can I post my own work, and ask if I'm on the right track?

woodynarmy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Below are some examples.
The greed of the 1980s gave way to the occupational insecurity of the 1990s, which in turn gives way to reinforced family ties in the early 2000s.
The greed of the 1980s gave way to the occupational insecurity of the 1990s, which in turn gave way to the reinforced family ties in the early 2000s.

The building inspector suggested that we apply for a construction permit and that we should check with his office again when the plans are complete.
The building inspector suggest that we apply for a construction permit and that we should check with his office again when the plans are complete.

The instructor grabbed her coat, wondered why was the substitute late, and ran out of the room.
Wondering why the substitute was late; the instructor grabbed her coat, and ran out of the room.

Suddenly, we heard an explosion of wings off to our right, and you could see a hundred or more ducks lifting off from the water.
Suddenly, we heard an explosion of wings off to our right, and we could see a hundred or more ducks lifting off from the water.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
As you say, we don't help with homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.