Can any one check my assignment text. Let me know how to imporve it. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinimbt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
[FONT=&quot]Designing and validation of QF-PCR in a population needs extensive data about STR markers such as heterozygosity and also number, distribution and size of different alleles. Analysis of STR marker heterozygosity seems to be an essential step before applying QF-PCR in prenatal diagnosis as well as postnatal diagnosis of numerical chromosome abnormalities. Lack of enough reports on STR heterozygosity in Indian population had contributed to conduct this study.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The study was aimed to assess the applicability of D21S1413, D21S1412, D13S258 and D13S631 STR markers in QF-PCR for rapid prenatal detection of aneuploidy in Indian population. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]In our previous report, we have analyzed 4 STR markers in Indian population; out of these 4 markers, 3 of them were used in the initial phase of QF-PCR test validation. The fourth marker was dropped due to technical reasons. As per recommendation of best practice guidelines of the Association for Clinical Cytogenetics (v2.01), minimum 4 markers should be included in routine QF-PCR analysis; so that minimum of two heterozygous marker results consistent with a normal diallelic /trisomic pattern (with all other markers homozygous) would be obtained in the first attempt to do reporting. The two 13 chromosome markers will help in tracing out maternal contamination as well as if both are found heterozygous may help to identify 13 trisomy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Our data showed that 3 of the analyzed STR markers (D21S1412, D13S258 and D13S631) have remarkable heterozygosity and could lead to a higher success rate in reporting. However, the degree of observed heterozygosity is relatively variable; D21S1413 was observed with least heterozygosity, and disqualified for QF-PCR analysis in north Indian population. Already our group reported heterozygosities of 4 markers on 21[SUP]st[/SUP] chromosome, and the present report adds 3 more makers to the panel. In conclusion, the markers, D21S1412, D13S258 and D13S631 were qualified for QF-PCR analysis. [/FONT]

srinimbt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The above text is rewritten version of a research article help to correct grammatical mistake if any. I want to improve my scientific writing skill

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Before anyone even looks at this, you need to quote the title and author of the original research article.

Status
Not open for further replies.