Having line-height:1.3em helps readbility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncorter

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Iran
Hello my dear friends.
Today, I have faced with this sentence: Having line-height:1.3em helps readbility.
what does having mean in this sentence?
having mean have? and the whole sentence mean I have line-height:13.em help readability?
Is it grammatically?
if it is grammatical, how can I analyze it?
Thank a lot my friends.:)

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
John, you will notice that I have changed your thread title, as the Forum Guidelines state:

'Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.'

Please give us the context of the sentence. Where did you read it? What is it about? Who wrote it?

[STRIKE]It is grammatically?[/STRIKE] Is it grammatical?

If it is grammatical[STRIKE]ly[/STRIKE], how can I analyze it? Let's establish the meaning before we consider analysis.

Last edited:

johncorter

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Iran
Hello my dear friend, It is about Joomla template.
This is another text of this book that has having : Closely related to having semantic code
the whole sentence of text above is:
All font sizes are then set in em. Having line-height:1.3em helps readbility. This means that the pages will be more accessible as the viewer will be able to resize the fonts to their own preference.

how can i analyze these sentence?
Please help me my dear friend.
Thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello [strike]my dear friends.[/strike] Unnecessary
Today, I [strike]have[/strike] was faced with this sentence: Having line-height:1.3em helps readability.
What does "having" mean in this sentence?
Does "having" mean "have" and does the whole sentence mean I have line-height:13.em help readability?
Is it [STRIKE]grammatically[/STRIKE] grammatical?
If it is grammatical, how can I analyze it?
Thanks a lot. [strike]my friends.[/strike] Unnecessary :)

Hello my dear friend, It is about Joomla template.
This is another text [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] from [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] the same book [STRIKE]that has having [/STRIKE]: Closely related to having semantic code, the whole sentence of text above is: All font sizes are then set in em. Having line-height:1.3em helps readability. This means that the pages will be more accessible as the viewer will be able to resize the fonts to their own preference.

How can I analyze these sentences?
[STRIKE]Please help me my dear friend.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary
Thanks.

You seem to be reading a fairly technical handbook of some kind. This could be above your level of English. Look at the corrections I have made to your post (deletions and other markings in red).

In your first post "I have line-height:1.3em help readability" doesn't make any sense.

As far as I can tell, it means "If you use line height "1.3 em", it will be easier to read".

The original could have used "using" instead of "having".

Using XXX will help YYY.

In addition, please check the information in your member profile. Whilst it is possible that you grew up in Japan (Home country), speaking Persian (native language), it appears that your Current Location is incorrect. Please rectify any errors as soon as possible.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It's just a recommended setting for people using Joomla that will make things easier for users to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.