[Vocabulary] Is my letter well written please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertc30

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
UK
Hi all.

I am aiming to write a well worded letter to H&R regarding a complaint about how a possition was awarded to a colleague whom had already had the opportunity in the past, 3 years ago, and was given it yet again regardless of the fact that some of us are actually now better qualified.

This is my letter bellow.

"
Dear Mr “HR”;
We are writing to express our deepest and utter disappointment regarding the award of the latest engineering apprenticeship position.
For over the years that we all have tried to step in to engineering within the company and, regardless of what qualifications we have, it is just not happening. Unless a different approach is taken in the way these vacancies are awarded then we feel we might as well give up!
We all have seen throughout our time in the company that such positions are merely awarded on a favouritism basis and not on the individual’s aptitude, personality and qualifications held.
As for example, I am qualified to a level 2 in Electrical Installations and I am currently on my second year of my level 3 in Electrical Installations. It did me much good and a chance at getting this apprenticeship!
In a past opportunity, once again, favouritism has played its role and a position with engineering was given to a colleague with no engineering background or skills but whom had a level two in electrical installations against my 9 years’ experience with all fresh new and old machinery as a line setter.
Please note that we hold nothing against our colleague that was awarded this wonderful opportunity. However, having him had the opportunity a few years back which was taken away under the alleged allegations known to the company, one must really question the way the company awards these positions and to whom, which evidently shows nothing short of favouritism.
Unless of course the company has finally admitted getting it wrong, regarding the alleged allegations which would now justify the once again opportunity given to our esteemed colleague, we feel that it was indeed favouritism that has played a crucial role in this occasion.
We all feel that when favouritism plays the main role when given rare opportunities such as this one, that our time will never come and that unless things change in the company’s selection process, that we’ll never have the opportunity, regardless of qualifications we may hold which, evidently are of no value to the company.
When will our first opportunity be given is in fact anyone’s guess when a few get their first and second chance!
Furthermore, we would like to congratulate our esteemed colleague, Mr “Colleagues name”, for getting this often rare opportunity and wish him all the best in this new opportunity.
Kind regards,

"we all sign"
"

Many thanks in advance for all the great help provided by you good people.

Regards,
Albert

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi all.

I am aiming to write a well worded letter to HR regarding a complaint about how a position was awarded to a colleague whom had already had the opportunity in the past, 3 years ago, and was given it yet again regardless of the fact that some of us are actually [STRIKE]now[/STRIKE] better qualified.

This is my letter below.

More later.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"
Dear Mr “HR”;
We are writing to express our deepest and utter disappointment regarding the award of the latest engineering apprenticeship position.
Over the years, we all have tried to step up to engineering within the company, and regardless of what qualifications we have, it is just not happening. Unless a different approach is taken in the way these vacancies are awarded then we feel we might as well give up!
We all have seen throughout our time with the company that such positions are [STRIKE]merely[/STRIKE] awarded on a favouritism basis and not on the individual’s aptitude, personality and qualifications [STRIKE]held[/STRIKE].
As an example, (Please say "As an example" or "For example" but not both at the same time.) I am qualified to a level 2 in Electrical Installations and I am currently on my second year of my level 3 in Electrical Installations. It did me much good and agave me a chance to get this apprenticeship! (Too many bangs!)
[STRIKE]In a past opportunity, once again, favouritism has played its role and a position with engineering was given to a colleague with no engineering background or skills but whom had a level two in electrical installations against my 9 years’ experience with all fresh new and old machinery as a line setter.[/STRIKE]
Please note that we hold nothing against our colleague who was awarded this wonderful opportunity. However, one must really question the way the company awards these positions because the basis seems to be favoritism and nothing else.
[STRIKE]Unless of course the company has finally admitted getting it wrong, regarding the alleged allegations which would now justify the once again opportunity given to our esteemed colleague, we feel that it was indeed favouritism that has played a crucial role in this occasion.[/STRIKE]
We all feel that when favouritism plays the main role in the selection process that people who deserve a chance at advancement will not get a fair chance at advancement.
Furthermore, we would like to congratulate our esteemed colleague, Mr “Colleagues name”, [STRIKE]for getting this often rare opportunity[/STRIKE] and wish him all the best in this new opportunity. (That does seem a little insincere at this point.)
Kind regards,

"we all sign"
"

Regards,
Albert

Be sure to space between paragraphs.

:)

albertc30

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
UK
Hi.

The way I was thought was to always leave spaces between paragraphs and always use indentation on first line.

I am really annoyed that I have yet written "bellow" with two "L".

Much appreciated for your time mate.

Regards,
Albert

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you space between paragraphs you don't have to indent the first line. (Choose one or the other.)

I hope you haven't sent that letter. I fear that it may get you in trouble at work. (A similar comment was in my posting that disappeared.)

Good luck!

albertc30

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
UK
If you space between paragraphs you don't have to indent the first line. (Choose one or the other.)

I hope you haven't sent that letter. I fear that it may get you in trouble at work. (A similar comment was in my posting that disappeared.)

Good luck!

Hi.

I haven't yet sent it but will do.

There are 9 of us whom applied to the engineering apprenticeship position who will sign the letter as well.

It is not fair that one individual who had an apprenticeship 4 years ago, got almost dismissed for cheating his fuel expenses.

He was demoted to working on the line which lasted him a full year and he's back in engineering for the past 3 years.

An opportunity again arises and he still gets this only due to the fact that him and another individual, who's below the managing director are like finger and nail.

It is not fair and we all feel that we should make the company know that.

The letter is not rude nor insulting. Just states that we all feel it is favouritism that puts people in a better position than others.

I have been there for 13 years and trust me, it has always been like that.

If I should land on trouble well, they will have to takes us all 9 then.

Many thanks for your input and help as it was indeed much appreciated mate.

A big thank you for all the help you have given out here on the forum and for allowing some of your valuable time in helping others. Admirable these days.

Regards,
Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.