Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello,
I did not understand completely whether it is possible to post IELTS essay here or not. It would be great if you take a look at my essay and correct my mistakes.

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.
Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

There are different opinions with regard to the question of whether children should learn foreign languages since primary school. Some people believe that students should start to study languages as early as possible while others think that this approach have plenty of drawbacks. In my opinion, advantages of early learning of languages outweigh the disadvantages. An analysis of younger children’s ability and older students’ motivation will prove the above stated position.

The main reason why children should start to learn foreign languages in primary school is that they are able to memorize new phrases and grammar much faster and better. For example, my 5-years old daughter knows a few hundreds of words and she can compose simple sentences. Another reason is that younger pupils are much more curios than teenagers. This innate curiosity helps them to learn a language in a great speed.

Secondly, elderly youngsters think about their future graduate and in many cases they are not going to take a language exam. For example, most of the students need to take math or mother tongue exams but not a foreign language. Given this, pupils spend a lot of time for learning subject which are more important for them at the moment. This is why older students do not have opportunities to learn a foreign language especially from scratch.

In conclusion, I completely agree that learning a foreign language at primary school is very important because children manage with new information better. However, at the same time, students at secondary school do not have enough time for learning languages. After analyzing this subject, it has become quite evident that it is much better for children to learn language as early as possible.

HenryLin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First thing is that your article is looking as an ordinary one, if you are dealing with a professional, then it is good to write by using a heavy words and professionally looks. And another thing is that some grammar error such as "year" instead of "years" similarly try to avoid such small issues then you can easily take your article forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.