Could you please check my pronunciation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poison Girl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VKHrNRK8MC

Here's what I say:

There was a king who had twelve beautiful daughters. They slept in twelve beds all in one room; and when they went to bed, the doors were shut and locked up; but every morning their shoes were found to be quite worn through as if they had been danced in all night; and yet nobody could find out how it happened, or where they had been.
Then the king made it known to all the land, that if any person could discover the secret, and find out where it was that the princesses danced in the night, he should have the one he liked best for his wife, and should be king after his death; but whoever tried and did not succeed, after three days and nights, should be put to death.

Last edited:

Roman55

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
France
I am not a teacher.

I find your accent quite charming. The vowel sounds are typical of native Italian speakers and I find it easy enough to understand. I notice that you didn't stick entirely to the text, though. Was that just to see whether we were paying attention?

Poison Girl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Lol, I actually didn't realize I gave you the wrong text o_O Here's the correct one:

There was a king who had twelve beautiful daughters. They slept in twelve beds all in one room; and when they went to bed, the doors were shut and locked up; but every morning their shoes were found to be quite worn through as if they had been danced in all night; and yet nobody could find out how it happened, or where they had been.
Then the king made it known to all the land, that if any person could discover the secret, and find out where it was that the princesses danced in the night, he should have the one he liked best for his wife, and should be king after his death; but whoever tried and did not succeed, after three days and nights, should be put to death.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It's easy enough to follow. If you want to work on something- look at intonation as you tend to give too much stress to some sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.