[General] Could You Please Check My Translation Revision ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abarth

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hi all !

I've been working as an export personnel for a textile firm in Turkey. There were several traslation mistakes on the website and i've just revised it all. Could you please check my translation ?

Thanks in advance...

''The Turkish Towel whose existence had been begun with the costruction of The Hammams in the 14th century and which is woven by hand weaving looms in the early part of 18th century depending on geographical position and historical development of our city, has maintained it’s development until today.

As ..... Textile, we have been serving the industry, tourism, advertising and etc sectors for domestic and export markets since 1982.

We stand by our customers with our high quality products, fast & frank service and qualified personnel in the sector for 31 years.

We offer you innovative and creative solutions making no concessions on our quality, ethical values and reliability based business sense aiming for high customer satisfaction.

..... Textile, who has 900 tons annual production capacity is able to increase it by 20% based on demand.

All the products are made of 100% cotton yarn by high technology electronic dobby and jacquard weaving looms.

We believe that we meet companies special demand upon their orders with the products that we manufacture by jacquard weaving and all kinds of embroidery.

While producing jacquard woven, embroidered and rotation printed towels with logo for promotion companies and hotels; we also manufacture eyelets, guipures and dobby woven fringed towels for stores, based on domestic and export market requests.

“Promotion” is a loanword from French which has meanings such as increasing and growing.

In our country, whenever the word ‘’Promotion’’ is mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is the souvenir. But promotion is not a souvenir, it’s an advertising tool which carries your firm to every field of life.

Companies use promotional products in order to introduce themselves and their products to the world and build connections with potential customers. In this context, many products are counted as promotional and presented to people.

Couldn't decide which one is more suitable from the following;

- Promotion is the product on which your brand name and logo exist.
- Promotion is the product which has your brand name and logo on it. ''

They work 7/24 for you in order to make your name and provide permanency on the market.

Promotional products;

• Provides acknowledgement,
• Helps your brand name stick in minds,
• Provides you to be with your customer all the time,
• Helps you establish an unbreakable mutual relation,
• Introduces your brand name to the world,
• Universalizes your logo,
• Brings your brand to life,

As ..... Textile, we stand by you valued customers offering our towels with wide area of usage.

Measurement standards of our products;

30x30 - 30x50 - 50x70 - 50x80 - 50x90 - 50x100 - 70x140 - 70x150 - 100x150 - 100x180 and; as long as 30-50-70 cm sides are kept stable, we are able to produce the adverse sides in any desired measure.

We’re able to produce Yarn Dyed and Fabric Dyed Towels with the weight range of between 320 gr/sqmt and 1000 gr/sqmt

Based on domestic and export market requests, we produce jacquard woven, embroidered and rotation printed towels with logo for promotion companies and eyelets, guipures and dobby woven fringed towels for stores.''

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

I've been working as an export worker for a textile firm in Turkey. There were several traslation mistakes on the website, and i've just revised it all. Could you please check my translation?

[STRIKE]Thanks in advance...
[/STRIKE]

''The Turkish Towel, whose existence began with the construction of The Hammams in the 14th century and which was woven by hand weaving looms in the early part of 18th century depending on geographical position and historical development of our city, has maintained its development until today.

That's all for now.

:)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My time had run out. I had to get off the computer.

As for personnel, that is one of those words that is always plural. For example, the maintenance personnel are the people on staff who do maintenance.

As ..... Textile, we have been serving the tourism, advertising and other sectors for domestic and export markets since 1982.

We stand by our customers with our high quality products, fast & frank service and qualified personnel in the sector for 31 years.

We offer you innovative and creative solutions ​(Solutions to what?) making no concessions on our quality, ethical values and reliability based business sense aiming for high customer satisfaction. (Perhaps: "Quality is number one with us. We do everything we can to achieve customer satisfaction.")

..... Textile, who has 900 tons annual production capacity, is able to increase it by 20% based on demand.

All the products are made of 100% cotton yarn by high-tech electronic dobby and jacquard weaving looms.

More later.

Abarth

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
My time had run out. I had to get off the computer.

As for personnel, that is one of those words that is always plural. For example, the maintenance personnel are the people on staff who do maintenance.

More later.

I'll be waiting for more :) I understand what you mean about personnel. Meanwhile I use thank button insteading of writing here, please don't misunderstand :)

Also i mean promotional and advertising solution.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You can't have solutions without problems to solve.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

You can't have fast and frank service. How about fast and efficient?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
..... Textile, who has 900 tons annual production capacity is able to increase its production capacity by 20% based on demand.

All of our products are made of 100% cotton yarn by high-tech electronic dobby and jacquard weaving looms.

We believe that we meet any special demands with the products that we manufacture by jacquard weaving and all kinds of embroidery.

I believe I am making progress.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
While producing jacquard woven, embroidered and rotation printed towels with logos for promotion companies and hotels; we also manufacture eyelets, guipures and dobby woven fringed towels for stores, based on domestic and export market requests.

What is a promotion company? (I would like to change that, but I am not sure what to change it to.)

“Promotion” is a loanword from French which has meanings such as "increasing" and "growing".

In our country, whenever the word ‘’Promotion’’ is mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is the souvenir. But promotion is not a souvenir, it’s an advertising tool which takes your brand name everywhere.

:up:

Companies use promotional products in order to introduce themselves and their products to the world and build connections with potential customers. In this context, many products are considered promotional and presented to people.

Now we are getting somewhere.

Abarth

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
We've finished half of it, go on please :-D

Promotion companies sell a wide variety of customized advertising materials with logo, from textile to stationery materials such as pencil.

For example; we produced towel with Samsung logo but we didn't sell it directly to Samsung. We sold it to the promotion company and they sold it to Samsung :-o

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
We've finished half of it, go on please :-D

Promotion companies sell a wide variety of customized advertising materials with logos, from textiles to stationery materials such as pencils.

For example; we produced towels with Samsung logos, but we didn't sell them directly to Samsung. We sold them to the promotion company, and they sold them to Samsung :-o

I don't think pencils count as stationery. Instead, you use them to write on stationery. (Did you suddenly decide to declare war on plurals? ;-) )

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Couldn't decide which one is more suitable from the following;

Promotional products carry your brand name and logo on them.

They work 24/7 for you in order to make your name known and provide permanency on the market.

Promotional products:

• Provide acknowledgement,
• Help people remember your brand name,
• Enable you to be with your customer all the time,
• Help you establish an unbreakable mutual relation,
• Introduce your brand name to the world,
• Universalize your logo,
• Bring your brand to life,

At ..... Textile, we stand by your valued customers offering our towels for a wide range of uses.

Measurement standards of our products;

30x30 - 30x50 - 50x70 - 50x80 - 50x90 - 50x100 - 70x140 - 70x150 - 100x150 - 100x180 and; as long as 30-50-70 cm sides are kept stable, we are able to produce the adverse sides in any desired measure.

We’re able to produce Yarn Dyed and Fabric Dyed Towels with the weight range of between 320 gr/sqmt and 1000 gr/sqmt

Based on domestic and export market requests, we produce jacquard woven, embroidered and rotation printed towels with logos for promotion companies and eyelets, guipures and dobby woven fringed towels for stores.''

I do not know what adverse sides are supposed to be. (I suppose I could look it up somewhere.)

Abarth

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
TARHEELt.jpg

As long as width (70 cm side) is kept stable, the adverse side ( 140 cm side - height) can be produced in any desired measure :)

The Clash of The Plurals :)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I guess the adverse side is the "other" side (which is what I thought from the beginning, but I wasn't 100% sure).

Last edited:

Abarth

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I guess the adverse side is the "other" side (which is what I thought from the beginning, but I wasn't %100 sure).

Thank you very much for your contributions, it helped me a lot :)

I would like to send you a beach towel as a gift but i'm afraid the shipment would cost a bomb :) You may be a shareholder of our company with such amount of cost :)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you very much for your contributions, it helped me a lot :)

I would like to send you a beach towel as a gift but i'm afraid the shipment would cost a bomb :) You may be a shareholder of our company with such amount of cost :)

Thanks, but I have plenty of towels. However, I am glad I could help. BTW, I fixed my latest mistake. (Well, I will after I post this.) :oops:

Abarth

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Sometimes after you think of something you say to yourself: "That should have been obvious." Or you just say: "D'oh!" ;-)

Here's the list.

logo side & the other side

logo side & reverse side

front side & back side

front & back

front & reverse

I prefer front & back, but it's not my choice to make, is it?

Abarth

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Sometimes after you think of something you say to yourself: "That should have been obvious." Or you just say: "D'oh!" ;-)

Here's the list.

logo side & the other side

logo side & reverse side

front side & back side

front & back

front & reverse

I prefer front & back, but it's not my choice to make, is it?

We mean width and length so i prefer using the other side :)

Status
Not open for further replies.