Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me correct the following paragraph. Thanks!

Besides strong promotions and marketing the shooting attractions, Korean soap operas also often highlight its own technology products in the play, like LG household appliances, Samsung's mobile phones and cameras, and Hyundai motors, etc. In the play, under the stars’ empowerment/blessing, it not only increases the visibility of its high-tech products also indirectly enhances the audience favorability of products.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
What do you mean by empowerment/blessing? Advertisement/praises?

Not a teacher.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

Korean soap operas often highlight [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] Korean products such as LG household appliances, Samsung's mobile phones and cameras, and Hyundai cars, etc.

(The rest of it is gobbledegook to me.)

:up:

Last edited:

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
increases the visibility of its high-tech products
Do you mean 'increases the opportunities for its high-tech products being seen by people'?

enhances the audience favorability of products.
Do you mean 'enhances the audience's favourable opinions on the products'?

Not a teacher.

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I rewrote these sentences as following:

Besides strong promotions and marketing the shooting attractions, Korean soap operas often highlight Korean products such as LG household appliances, Samsung's mobile phones and cameras, and Hyundai cars, etc. In the play, under the stars’ advertisement, it not only increases the opportunities for its high-tech products being seen by people but also enhances the audience's favourable opinions on the products.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What you are talking about is called product placement. It's a type of marketing in which the product is shown during the program to subtly draw the audience's attention to that product. Unfortunately, I do not know what you mean by marketing the shooting attractions. (Thanks, Matthew.) Perhaps:

Besides regular commercials, Korean soap operas often highlight Korean products such as LG household appliances, Samsung's mobile phones and cameras, and Hyundai cars, etc. during the program. That increases the visibility of Korea's high-tech products and increases the audience's favorability of those same products.

:up:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

For what?

Thanks for giving me some ideas. (BTW, audience's favorability should probably be audience favorability. (But what do I know? ;-)))

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.